The National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals (NIIMBL) has announced a request for proposals for Project Call 7.1 with member-driven and industry-led priority topic areas for technical and workforce development proposals. Concept papers are due August 3, followed by October invitations for full proposals.
- Technology Development Topics
- Cell processing (primarily for application in cell therapies)
- Technologies for intensified processing of therapeutic proteins
- In-line, at-line, and online measurements for CQAs and / or process variables
- Analytical and manufacturing technologies for viral vector manufacturing
- Improving reliability and quality assurance of manufacturing processes, including Big Data applications
- Workforce Development Topics
- Increase Interest in Biopharma Manufacturing Careers
- Internship and Immersion Experiences for Non-Traditional Degrees
- Innovative Talent Pipeline Partnerships
- Education & Training for New Technologies and/or Use of New Modalities
- Cross Regional Collaboration
NIIMBL aims to accelerate biopharmaceutical manufacturing innovation, support the development of standards that enable more efficient and rapid manufacturing capabilities, and educate and train a world-leading biopharmaceutical manufacturing workforce. WSU is a member of NIIMBL.
Learn more here.