Learn about customizable funding searches, limited submissions, and internal funding opportunities
Customizable Funding Searches through Pivot
With Pivot, you can easily explore new avenues for funding, view funding opportunities uniquely matched to your area of research, and collaborate with colleagues. Using your WSU ID you can create and save personalized search criteria and receive a weekly targeted funding email alert listing new opportunities in their research areas.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact Emily Brashear with the Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships (ORAP) at 509-335-7266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick Click Funding Options
After setting up a Pivot account, use these links to view pre-sorted funding opportunities.
- Agriculture, Plant, Animal, Nutrition & Food Sciences
- Arts, Humanities, Business, Society & Education
- Health, Behavioral & Biomedical Science
- Large Programmatic & Training Grants
- Science, Math & Engineering
- Early Career
- Equipment Grants
- Limited Submissions (learn more about this process below)
Private Funding Options
Private foundations provide resources to fund crucial research and program needs. WSU has strong relationships with several foundations through the Office of Foundation Relations. If you’d like to know more about these opportunities, please send a request to email@example.com.
Limited Submission Opportunities
In Limited Submission opportunities, the sponsor restricts the number of applications or proposals an institution can submit. WSU initiates an internal screening process to determine which application(s) will be approved for submission to the sponsor. You must fill out and email firstname.lastname@example.org an application or template to apply for a limited submission opportunity.
To receive an email notification of the limited submission programs, please sign up for our Limited Submission ListServ.
Complete the Limited Submission application using the appropriate template.
- General Application
- W.M. Keck Foundation – template to come
- Murdock Preproposal Template
- NIH – template to come
- NSF – MRI Template
- Washington Women’s Foundation
Email completed applications to email@example.com. If you have missed the internal deadline, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that no other pre-proposals were received, you may be approved to proceed with a proposal to the agency.
Large Funding Opportunities
Notable Funding Opportunities
These opportunities are not found in Pivot at this time:
- Three Rivers Community Foundation Internal competition deadline is Aug. 13th. Contact email@example.com on how to apply.
- Washington Women’s Foundation (WWF) funds organizations and programs/projects that address at least on of the following criteria:
- Response to urgent and critical need
- Bold new venture
- New approach to ongoing problem
Internal competition deadline is September 12th. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- PAC 12 Student-Athlete Health and Well Being Grant Program Letter of Intent due Sept. 15th.
Internal Funding Competitions
The Office of Research offers the following internal funding opportunities.