Learn about customizable funding searches, limited submissions, and internal funding opportunities
Customizable Funding Searches through Pivot
With Pivot, you can easily explore new avenues for funding, view funding opportunities uniquely matched to your area of research, and collaborate with colleagues. Using your WSU ID you can create and save personalized search criteria and receive a weekly targeted funding email alert listing new opportunities in their research areas.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact Emily Brashear with the Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships (ORAP) at 509-335-7266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick Click Funding Options
After setting up a Pivot account, use these links to view pre-sorted funding opportunities.
- Agriculture, Plant, Animal, Nutrition & Food Sciences
- Arts, Humanities, Business, Society & Education
- Health, Behavioral & Biomedical Science
- Large Programmatic & Training Grants
- Science, Math & Engineering
- Early Career
- Equipment Grants
- Limited Submissions (learn more about this process below)
Private Funding Options
Private foundations provide resources to fund crucial research and program needs. WSU has strong relationships with several foundations through the Office of Foundation Relations. If you’d like to know more about these opportunities, please send a request to email@example.com.
Limited Submission Opportunities
In Limited Submission opportunities, the sponsor restricts the number of applications or proposals an institution can submit. WSU initiates an internal screening process to determine which application(s) will be approved for submission to the sponsor.
To receive an email notification of the limited submission programs, please sign up for our Limited Submission ListServ.
Complete the Limited Submission application using the appropriate template.
- General Application
- W.M. Keck Foundation – template to come
- Murdock Preproposal Template
- NIH – template to come
- NSF – template to come
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have missed the internal deadline, please contact email@example.com. In the event that no other pre-proposals were received, you may be approved to proceed with a proposal to the agency.
Internal Funding Competitions
The Office of Research offers the following internal funding opportunities.
- Arts & Humanities Grant Program: Download 2017 Arts & Humanities Grants RFP (.pdf)
- Natural Resource Conservation Endowment Fund (NRCEF): Download 2017_NRCEF Call for Proposal (.pdf)
- New Faculty Seed Grants (NFSG): Deadline is past, currently in review stage, announcements will be made in early May. Download 2017_Seed Grant Guidelines and Application (.docx)
Notable Funding Opportunities
- W.M. Keck Foundation: The Keck Foundation’s Research Program supports high-risk/high-impact projects that are distinctive and novel in their approach, question the prevailing paradigm, and/or will lead to breakthrough discoveries and new technologies. The Keck Foundation has requested applications be managed by WSU’s Office of Foundation Relations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- M.J. Murdock Trust: The Murdock Trust provides WSU with the opportunity to apply for a major science or engineering research equipment grant. The Murdock Trust has requested applications be managed by WSU’s Office of Foundation Relations. Please contact email@example.com for more information.