Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships
Enhancing WSU’s research enterprise by enabling faculty to write award-winning proposals, and providing research expansion activities
Call for Presenters : Matchmaking for Interdisciplinary Collaboration
As part of the upcoming Research Week, the Office or Research will host two fast-paced faculty-led interdisciplinary collaboration experiences. Our goal is to provide faculty the opportunity to foster valuable interdisciplinary partnerships, highlight their research, and inspire unique and innovative broader impacts across the university. We invite all faculty interested in this opportunity to come meet, mingle, and share their work.
- Tuesday, October 10th, 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Wednesday, October 11th, 10:30am-12:30pm
- Presenters will pitch their projects to colleagues in a short 1-3 slide/5-minute overview that highlights the goals of their programs.
- Each session will feature 20-25 different presentations, providing diverse possibilities for potential collaborations.
- Presentations will take place during the first half of each session followed by time for presenters and attendees to mingle and exchange ideas and contact information over refreshments.
Call for Presenters:
- We had a strong response to this call; presentation slots are currently full. However, all faculty are invited to attend this session to meet and mingle with the presenters and other attendees. To ensure that you have a seat register for the Tuesday session HERE, or the Wednesday session HERE.
For questions, please contact Becky James (firstname.lastname@example.org, 5-3822) or
Maureen Bonnefin (email@example.com, 5-0904) in the Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships.
2017 Chemical and Biological Defense Science & Technical Conference , hosted by DTRA, will be held in Long Beach, CA on November 28th through 30th.
Conference attendees will join more than 1,500 of the most innovative and influential leaders in the chemical and biological defense community to learn about the latest basic and applied research conducted in specific chemical and biological defense areas, which are listed on the conference website.
The registration deadline is November 3rd.
Today’s Innovation, Tomorrow’s Warfighter Capabilities
Learn More at: www.cbdstconference.com
The Office of Research Advancement and Partnership (ORAP), provides faculty with the following support:
- Funding searches and announcements
- Limited submission proposal competitions
- Proposal-writing trainings
- Proposal development, specifically:
- Large proposals – multidisciplinary with a budget greater than $1M
- Junior faculty proposals
- Proposals consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Research expansion activities
- Activities related to the WSU Grand Challenge initiatives
- Targeted RFP workshops
- Information sessions on many aspects of the research funding process
- Organize focus groups, speaking opportunities, etc. consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Developing research partnerships
Geeta Dutta, Ph.D.
Becky James, Ph.D.
Robert Finney, Ph.D.
Maureen Bonnefin, CRA
Faculty Research Development Specialist