Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships
Enhancing WSU’s research enterprise by enabling faculty to write award-winning proposals, and providing research expansion activities
Natural Resource Conservation Endowment Fund – Call for proposals
The Natural Resource Conservation Endowment Fund was established by Jane P. Conrad and entrusted to Washington State University in 1982 to provide seed money for supporting research and projects related to, but not limited to, energy, small-scale agricultural concepts, community education, wildlife conservation and/or recovery, related psychological and sociological studies, domestic and international studies, and other projects related to conservation of renewable and non-renewable natural resources, including biotic and abiotic ecological components. The proposed work should be oriented toward practical application of theory rather than strictly theory-oriented research to provide public uses or participants with a maximum opportunity to benefit
Applications will be accepted from currently enrolled WSU graduate students in good standing with the Graduate School. An individual or a graduate student group may apply. Interdisciplinary and collaborative proposals in such areas as education, psychology, sociology, environmental engineering, sciences, agriculture and veterinary sciences are encouraged.
Up to two awards may be given for $1,200 each. Applications are due April 12th, 2018.
Find the complete RFP here.
The Office of Research Advancement and Partnership (ORAP), provides faculty with the following support:
- Funding searches and announcements
- Limited submission proposal competitions
- Proposal-writing trainings
- Proposal development, specifically:
- Large proposals – multidisciplinary with a budget greater than $1M
- Junior faculty proposals
- Proposals consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Research expansion activities
- Activities related to the WSU Grand Challenge initiatives
- Targeted RFP workshops
- Information sessions on many aspects of the research funding process
- Organize focus groups, speaking opportunities, etc. consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Developing research partnerships
Geeta Dutta, Ph.D.
Becky James, Ph.D.
Robert Finney, Ph.D.
Maureen Bonnefin, CRA
Faculty Research Development Specialist