Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships
Enhancing WSU’s research enterprise by enabling faculty to write award-winning proposals, and providing research expansion activities
Arts & Humanities Fellowships
In recognition of the Arts and Humanities enterprise at WSU, the Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships (ORAP) announces the Arts & Humanities Fellowship Program for 2018. The WSU Strategic Plan emphasizes the University’s commitment to enhancing research, scholarship, and creativity at WSU, including the expansion of research and creative outputs typically associated with these disciplines. This funding opportunity supports projects that focus on faculty professional goals and development and advance university-wide arts and humanities initiatives as well as individual efforts.
The Office of Research expects to make multiple awards of up to $10,000 for single investigator awards and $15,000 for collaborative project awards.
Applications are open to all Arts and Humanities tenured, tenure-track, and full-time clinical or instructional faculty at all campuses.
Read the full RFP here.
Deadline: April 23, 2018
The Office of Research Advancement and Partnership (ORAP), provides faculty with the following support:
- Funding searches and announcements
- Limited submission proposal competitions
- Proposal-writing trainings
- Proposal development, specifically:
- Large proposals – multidisciplinary with a budget greater than $1M
- Junior faculty proposals
- Proposals consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Research expansion activities
- Activities related to the WSU Grand Challenge initiatives
- Targeted RFP workshops
- Information sessions on many aspects of the research funding process
- Organize focus groups, speaking opportunities, etc. consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Developing research partnerships
Geeta Dutta, Ph.D.
Becky James, Ph.D.
Robert Finney, Ph.D.
Maureen Bonnefin, CRA
Faculty Research Development Specialist