Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships
Enhancing WSU’s research enterprise by enabling faculty to write award-winning proposals, and providing research expansion activities
Learn about latest research advancement activities and opportunities here, and by visiting the Office of Research calendar.
Pew Scholars Program
The Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences provides funding to young investigators of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of human health. The program makes grants to selected academic institutions to support the independent research of outstanding individuals who are in their first few years of their appointment at the assistant professor level. The award provides $240,000 in flexible support—$60,000 per year for four years. The funds may be used, at the discretion of the Pew Scholar, for personnel, equipment, supplies, or travel directly related to the Scholar’s research as to best advance their research and career.Read Story
Discover DSO Day
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Defense Sciences Office (DSO) is sponsoring an event (D3) to (1) familiarize attendees with DSO’s mission and the nature of the efforts we support; (2) promote understanding of how to do business with DSO and (3) facilitate discussions with potential performers.Read Story
The Office of Research Advancement and Partnership (ORAP), provides faculty with the following support:
- Funding searches and announcements
- Limited submission proposal competitions
- Proposal-writing trainings
- Proposal development, specifically:
- Large proposals (multidisciplinary with budget greater than $1M), also can include project management support if funded
- Junior faculty proposals
- Proposals consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Research expansion activities
- Activities related to the WSU Grand Challenge initiatives
- Targeted RFP workshops
- Information sessions on many aspects of the research funding process
- Organize focus groups, speaking opportunities, etc. consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Develop research partnerships
Geeta Dutta, Ph.D.
Elizabeth James, Ph.D.
Robert Finney, Ph.D.
Maureen Bonnefin, CRA
Faculty Research Development Specialist