Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships
Enhancing WSU’s research enterprise by enabling faculty to write award-winning proposals, and providing research expansion activities
Washington Women’s Foundation (WWF) funds organizations and programs/projects that address at least on of the following criteria:
- Response to urgent and critical need
- Bold new venture
- New approach to ongoing problems
The Foundation funds broadly – it does not limit to funding to women’s causes. It funds organization that, in the opinion of Foundation members, are able to make the best use of a Pooled Fund Grant Award of up to $100,000.
The Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships will hold an internal competition for this program with a deadline of September 12th. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this funding opportunity.
2017 Chemical and Biological Defense Science & Technical Conference , hosted by DTRA, will be held in Long Beach, CA on November 28th through 30th.
Conference attendees will join more than 1,500 of the most innovative and influential leaders in the chemical and biological defense community to learn about the latest basic and applied research conducted in specific chemical and biological defense areas, which are listed on the conference website.
The registration deadline is November 3rd.
Today’s Innovation, Tomorrow’s Warfighter Capabilities
Learn More at: www.cbdstconference.com
The Office of Research Advancement and Partnership (ORAP), provides faculty with the following support:
- Funding searches and announcements
- Limited submission proposal competitions
- Proposal-writing trainings
- Proposal development, specifically:
- Large proposals (multidisciplinary with budget greater than $1M), also can include project management support if funded
- Junior faculty proposals
- Proposals consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Research expansion activities
- Activities related to the WSU Grand Challenge initiatives
- Targeted RFP workshops
- Information sessions on many aspects of the research funding process
- Organize focus groups, speaking opportunities, etc. consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Develop research partnerships
Geeta Dutta, Ph.D.
Elizabeth James, Ph.D.
Robert Finney, Ph.D.
Maureen Bonnefin, CRA
Faculty Research Development Specialist