Office of Research Advancement and Partnerships
Enhancing WSU’s research enterprise by enabling faculty to write award-winning proposals, and providing research expansion activities
In recognition of the Arts and Humanities enterprise at WSU, ORAP announces the Arts & Humanities Grant Program for 2017. The WSU Strategic Plan emphasizes the University’s commitment to enhancing research, scholarship, and creativity at WSU, including the expansion of research and creative outputs typically associated with these disciplines. This funding opportunity supports projects that will advance university-wide arts and humanities initiatives as well as individual efforts. Submission deadline is April 3, 2017 at 5pm.
The application process for the 2017 Natural Resource Conservation Endowment Fund is now open. This funding opportunity provides seed funding to currently enrolled WSU graduate students working on projects in education, psychology, sociology, environmental engineering, sciences, agriculture and veterinary sciences. One $1,200 award will be awarded to a project that promotes the conservation of renewable and non-renewable natural resources. Submission deadline is April 14, 2017 at 5pm.
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Defense Sciences Office, published details for an opportunity for potential performers to meet with a DSO program manager to discuss mutual research interests. These meetings will be held in conjunction with the Discover DSO Day event scheduled for June 15, 2017 in Arlington, Virginia. You can find out more information at DARPA-SN-17-29.
The Office of Research Advancement and Partnership (ORAP), provides faculty with the following support:
- Funding searches and announcements
- Limited submission proposal competitions
- Proposal-writing trainings
- Proposal development, specifically:
- Large proposals (multidisciplinary with budget greater than $1M), also can include project management support if funded
- Junior faculty proposals
- Proposals consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Research expansion activities
- Activities related to the WSU Grand Challenge initiatives
- Targeted RFP workshops
- Information sessions on many aspects of the research funding process
- Organize focus groups, speaking opportunities, etc. consistent with strategic WSU initiatives
- Develop research partnerships
Geeta Dutta, Ph.D.
Elizabeth James, Ph.D.
Robert Finney, Ph.D.
Maureen Bonnefin, CRA
Faculty Research Development Specialist